Here is information about how I decided to make my satellite setup for communication via the geostationary transponder QO-100.
I decided to use following building blocks:
- RFzero to provide the needed LO signals
- Transverter developed bo Steen OZ5N
- 2.4GHz 20W PA form SG-Labs
- Poty feed delivered as a kit from Passion-Radio
- Maximum Single LNB ST-11, modified by OZ2OE
- Meanwell RT-65D SMPSU. providing 5, 12 and 24 Volt
- 85cm dish from Triax.
I use my ICOM IC-7300 as IF on 70MHz
Transverter, PA and PSU is placed close to the feed, as there is no need to loose valuable power in long thin cables.
Result is a good signal on the satelite providing only 5-10W @2,4 GHz.
Dish with dual feed protected by a plastic bucket, and Rx/Tx hardware in SS box